Why should I buy bitcoins?
There are many reasons why you should buy bitcoins. Let's mention a few:
- Bitcoins protect your financial privacy.
- Bitcoins are scarce. Bitcoins have a very limited supply (of max 21 million bitcoins) and cannot be digitally printed as debt like fiat currencies.
- Bitcoins are digital assets and are your digital property without third-party risks as long as you have implemented proper security measures to protect your private key.
- Bitcoins are transacted peer to peer and not server to a client. Bitcoins are a form of free money without the interference of controlling third parties like banks. Bitcoin works without banks, without governments, regulators and other third-party authorities. It works on a plain level field on basis of decentralization and equality. It enables a new separation of powers, that of money from the banks and governments.
- Bitcoins are not based on debt, they are debt free and based on the principles of sound money.
- Bitcoins are extremely secure based on the best cryptographic standards and the network is not hackable. It is impossible to control the Bitcoin network by third parties.
- Bitcoin replicates the functions of gold and is in line with Austrian economic theories on inflation and deflation. Might the world end up in adopting a Bitcoin Standard as a better alternative to a gold standard?
- Bitcoin although digital is the hardest money humans ever have invented. I know, it is hard to wrap your mind around it. It takes time and study. That's why you would like to learn more about Bitcoin?
References and sources: